Accessible Features and Amenities
Bayside Villas Website Accessibility Statement
Accessibility Statement Bayside Villas by Islander Resort (sometimes hereinafter referred to as “Hotel”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is dedicated to providing exceptional service to guests of all abilities. We strive to provide online content that provides an excellent user experience for visitors of all abilities, using any type of assistive technology to access the website.
We base our website accessibility standards on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1, level A + AA success criteria. In addition, we actively work to maintain, assess and improve the usability and accessibility of our website through training of our personnel, engagement of experts and regular testing of our digital accessibility.
Digital Accessibility Compliance Guidelines and Goals
We follow the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) guidelines, which are in line with our philosophy of promoting usability for people of all abilities. In accordance with WCAG 2.1 AA-Level Compliance, our website strives to meet four core principles known by the acronym POUR.
Perceivable. This includes providing alternatives to non-text content and alternatives to time-based media.
Operable. We ensure the website is compatible with users’ browsing methods.
Understandable. Our content and information on all amenities are provided in a clear, concise way that avoids ambiguity.
Robust. A wide range of technologies can be used to access our site content.
Continuous Digital Monitoring
Our site undergoes real-time monitoring and scans to detect any accessibility errors that may arise due to the addition of updated content or website code. The site is continually evaluated using accessibility monitoring tools and assistive technology.
Our team of accessibility experts manually investigates each error that may appear and applies an appropriate remedy in order to ensure the site’s functionality is available to the most diverse range of users possible. Data results of scans are recorded in long-term logs so that we are able to access a snapshot of the accessibility score of the website at any given time.
We welcome feedback
If you experience any difficulty accessing or navigating our websites or have any accessibility-related questions or comments, we are listening. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the issue you encountered and your contact information. Your experience matters to us.
Bayside Villas website may contain material from social media sites such as Facebook and Youtube, which are used to share additional content about our property, facilities, and services. These third-party sites may have accessibility issues that are beyond our control. We invite you to review further public accessibility information directly from Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram.
Accessible Features and Amenities
Bayside Villas by Islander Resort is compliant with the ADA (Department of Justice ADA Title III Regulation 28 CFR Part 36, 1991). We welcome guests of all abilities. Our property descriptions aim to allow any visitor to make an informed decision on whether the hotel is an appropriate choice for their needs.
Bayside Villas by Islander Resort is compliant with the ADA (Department of Justice ADA Title III Regulation 28 CFR Part 36, 1991). We welcome guests of all abilities. Our property descriptions aim to allow any visitor to make an informed decision on whether the resort is an appropriate choice for their needs.
- Accessible public entrance with double doors that open to a width of 6’ and one automatic ADA door that opens to a width of 36”.
- Accessible registration desk with a height of 30.5”.
- Accessible route from the public entrance and rooms to the registration area. ADA ramps at entrance to north and south guest room buildings.
- Accessible elevator from the registration desk to the conference center with braille instructions. Height of the highest button in the elevator is 46.5”.
- Accessible route to the elevator from the public entrance, registration desk and conference center.
- Accessible emergency exit with double doors that open to a width of 6’ and one automatic ADA door that opens to a width of 36”.
- Accessible public restroom.
- Accessible concierge desk.
- Accessible route from parking area to the main entrance.
- Space to accommodate accessible vehicles.
- Accessible transportation can be arranged with the resort.
- The property does not have a TTY for guest use.
- Visual and audible alarms for smoke, fire and emergency.
- Guest room televisions have closed captioning or closed captioning decoders are provided.
- Braille signage throughout the property.
Accessible food and beverage outlets, meeting and event facilities, and other amenities:
- Elements Restaurant has two entrances, both with double doors that open to a width of 72”.
- Tides Beachside Bar & Grill has an open floor plan with no doors and one ADA ramp between the pool and seating area.
- Accessible route to accessible food and beverage outlets from the public entrance and rooms.
- All accessible meeting and event facilities with double doors that open to a width of 36”-72”.
- Accessible route to all meeting and event facilities from the public entrance and rooms.
- The property’s meeting spaces do not offer any technology to assist hearing impaired guests.
- All resort pools have an ADA chair lift and a gate with an open width of 58”.
- Accessible route to pools from the public entrance and rooms.
- All other hotel facilities have a minimum open door width of 36”.
- Accessible Guest Rooms (7 total)
- Entrance door width of 36”
- Bathroom door width of 36”
- One king bed
- Roll in shower with ADA seat and grab bars
- Open floor plan with no obstructions
- Audio-visual alarms and doorbell system
- Accessible countertops with height of 34” and accessible closet shelves with height of 48”
- Accessible route from public entrance and registration area to accessible rooms.
- Standard rooms have entrance door widths of 36”, bathroom door widths of 30”, and shower grab bars.
From a digitally-accessible website to complete descriptions of all onsite amenities and features, we wish to provide a positive experience from start to finish. Please note that this accessibility statement applies to all content on Islander Resort website. The resort is not responsible for any third-party content on the website.
Accessible rooms may be booked on our website directly or by calling 305.664.0082. If you require additional information about the accessible features offered at any of our hotels (including further details about accessible rooms) or any other accessibility concerns please call 305.664.0082.